Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Hot, but You have to Keep Running....

In the middle of week 5 of marathon training we are in the second week in a row of temperatures over 90 and into the 100's.  It is proving to be harder to get running in, but finding ways to do it.  I have found that I no longer enjoy treadmill running.  I used to love it and looked forward to it.  Over three months of nothing but outdoor running has me spoiled.  Last week having to run inside due to the heat was just unbearable.  I got so bored and had to walk at one point just due to boardem.  This week we decided to get up early and run in the "cooler" hours of the day.  Worked well Tuesday, but today was the 4th and we didn't leave until 7:30, and that was a huge mistake.  We only got 4 of our 5 miles in before we hit the wall of heat and had to walk home.  I got home and checked weather.com to find out it was already 87 with a heat index of 95!  So tomorrow we will be leaving earlier again!

Our long runs have been going very well.  A little hotter than we'd like so our pace has been slower, but in the long run I'm proud that we keep pushing.  Saturday we even went back out and did another 10 miles on the bike after our 11 mile run that morning!  I'm really enjoying the Rockford River Path. 


No comments:

Post a Comment