Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm a Triathlete! :)

Today I completed one of the fitness goals I had for 2012, I completed an indoor triathlon.  It was put on by Lifetime Fitness and was organized so well.  Waves of 10 people started every 20 minutes in the pool.  You had ten minutes to swim as many laps as possible, I managed to do 14, which 10 had been my goal, so I was pumped!  Heading into the locker room you had 10 minutes before the bike timer started.  I raced into the locker room and changed.  Made it to the spin bike room, and tried to adjust my bike.  The helper was great getting me all set up.  10 minutes went so fast!  They count you down and you start riding.  I managed 15.1 miles on the bike.  Then you had five minutes to run upstairs to the treadmills which was set for a 20 minutes run, which I tallied 2.10 miles.

It was the fastest hour workout ever, but so much fun!  I surpassed all my personal goals and I'm ready to do it again!  I plan to do a real outdoor sprint in the summer, however, this event was so well organized, I think I'm going to do a few more indoor ones first!

No comments:

Post a Comment