Monday, April 9, 2012

Running with out tunes....

For months I have been hearing about the benefits of running with no music.  I have even had a few close calls where I heard that a race I signed up for didn't allow for headphones.  The only time I had run without music was a trail run and the warrior dash. 

A few weeks ago my new shoes were giving me problems, so my husband suggested a run without music so I could hear my feet hitting the ground and improve my strides.  That 3 mile run seemed to be horrible!!!  I kept hearing my tunes, and trying to pretend that I was enjoying the sights of my neighborhood. 

I went back to my ipod and did not think too much about trying music free again.  A few weeks after that my ipod wasn't charged or something random like that and I ran again with no music.  Hmmm that wasn't as bad as the first time.  This went on and off for a few more runs.

This week I ran with no music for the full week, except for my 3k on Saturday which was a race.  I think I'm hooked.  I think running with out music was actually enjoyable and I really could hear and feel what my body does when I'm running.

I hope this is a change I will keep put with!  I'm excited with the results so far!

Opening Day was a ton of fun and even got a run in by the lake while I was in Chicago this week for spring break.

We are heading into week 6 of the 10 miler training.  I'm feeling strong and confident.  My running is getting better each week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment