Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Juice Fast...that wasn't and Opening Day is ALMOST HERE!

So the juice fast didn't last all of about a day and a half.  There is no way I am going to lie.  I would not be able to survive on juice alone.  I need protein and I realize that there is a lot of protein in green veggies, but it wasn't enough for me.  I am adding in a juice now and then for the pure goodness that dark green leafy vegetables give, but I did not benefit from hours on just juice. 

I finished up week 4 of the 10 miler at Solider Field training and I feel really good.  I'm heading back to Fleet Feet because my new shoes are still giving me problems.  I love them, but one foot just keeps getting a blister on my longer runs. 

My body is feeling great.  Saturday we ran our 5 miles in record time for our long runs.  It felt good and I could have kept going.  This week we are changing it up a bit because we have Opening Day and a race on Saturday.  So we are adjusting our long run to midweek.  I will be looking forward to using my new, new shoes after going to Fleet Feet tomorrow!

Week 5 on it's way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment