Sunday, August 19, 2012

A few weeks to go....school starting

Yesterday we completed our 16 mile run and I feel pretty good today.  My feet and ankles are sore, but that is to be expected after running for just over 3 hours.  School starts tomorrow and now I have to figure out how to make myself run in the dark.  I did a few trial runs last week very early, but as marathon training hits the peak I have to run a lot of higher mile runs in the early morning hours.  It is also going to make me feel like I'm in a bit more of a hurry as I will need to make sure I'm back home by 6:30 am.  The life of  a teacher is nice in those months of June and July.  However, August has been nonstop preparing for the return of school.

We signed up for the Newton Ready to Run 20 Miler in a few weeks.  That will be my last long run prior to the marathon.  I am getting excited and my fears are starting to go away.  Only a 18 and 20 miler long run here on out.  The rest are all distances I have done before.  With me a lot of that is mental!!! :)  My 1/2 marathon time has started to drop and seems easier to get to that point on my long run.  I just know that ice and rest on Sundays into Mondays are what I need to get through this.

I am looking forward to getting back into lifting and dabbling into crossfit when all these extra miles aren't being run every week.  My ideal week would be a ten miler as my longest once the marathon is over.

Just a bit of rambling as I try to finish up school prep this afternoon! :)

Happy Back to School!
Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment