Sunday, October 12, 2014

Long Time no Update

Life has been going fantastic!  I haven't run a race in over a year and I am ok with that!  I have accomplished just as much this year as I did in the past few when I was running/biking all the time!  I am itching to do another race, but not a marathon again just yet.  Two years ago today I ran the Chicago Marathon and loved every minute of it.  Then the reality set in of what I had put my body through for months leading up to the race.  I had to stop lifting, playing volleyball, and ALL that carb loading.  It caught up with me.  I have always been an active person, but for the first time in my life I gained wait while doing something so active.  I was afraid I was going to get hurt, so I followed the rules and stopped doing anything but RUNNING.  Now today two years later I am stronger, leaner, and only 6 pounds away from the weight I was that day I ran a marathon.  The year after the marathon I slowly go back into lifting and running less.  I ran another half marathon, but since then I haven't ran another race.  I did complete a century bike ride and took up a new workout routine....Cross-fit.

I am satisfied with the progress I am making in my fitness level.  Daily I push myself to be better, faster, and stronger than I was the day before.  I am finding my body has been transformed.  My clothes fit different, my body moves different.  I have a long way to go, but my nutrition is finally catching up with the body I would like to create.  Cross-fit gets ripped on by many people, but I am happy I found it.  I can't wait to see what my body looks like next year at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment